Read the guidelines carefully before completing this application.
Students should work alone when completing this form. Follow the directions below and include all necessary application requirements by the deadline as soon as possible. Admission to the program is competitive and ongoing, until the class is filled with 20 deserving students:
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Summer Nexus is searching for 20 students from diverse backgrounds who are dedicated to becoming leaders and serving their community. Now in its tenth year, Summer Nexus assembles motivated and energetic high school students from public and private schools for a crash course in leadership development.
- Break out of their usual routine
- Learn about themselves with new friends who will broaden their horizons
- Gain new skills that will help them at home, at school, and in job hunting
- Have new experiences that will expand their resume for job applications
- Challenge themselves mentally, physically, and socially
- Meet community leaders who model the way and are dedicated to making this region the best it can be
- Grow and achieve their potential at school, in clubs, at sports and at home
Summer Nexus runs from August 5-11.
The program begins at 3:00 p.m. on the first day with an orientation and overnight retreat designed to build relationships and allow participants to step out of their comfort zones. Otherwise, students will meet from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on each of the following days of the session. The program consists of a morning workshop, lunch with a community leader, afternoon leadership activity, and planning a community service project. Participants will engage in workshops that enhance skills in: public speaking, diversity awareness, conflict resolution, decision making, personal finance, and college preparation. On the last day of each session, students will implement the community service project and then attend a graduation picnic with invited family and friends.
Complete the application and supplemental forms